Terms and Conditions of 10-year Health Guarantee
A puppy’s health is dependent on a number of variables such as genetics, exercise, food and nourishment and overall care which is not always within our control. While we can’t guarantee your puppy will never have a health problem, we can promise we will do our best to ensure your new family member is healthy from the moment you take her or him home!
This guarantee describes Biscuits N Gravy Havanese commitment to you if a health issue arises with your puppy. It also outlines your responsibilities as the owner.
This health guarantee covers health issues which may arise after the arrival of your puppy. This guarantee only covers puppies which have been delivered within the US and continue to reside in the US.
Before your puppy goes to his/her forever home they have been examined, de-wormed and current on all vaccinations and Biscuits N Gravy warrants that the puppy is health at the time of the sale to the best of our ability. You will receive health records with list the date and vaccinations that were given. It is important that your puppy continue to receive additional vaccinations as necessary to keep it protected against infectious canine diseases. Not maintaining veterinary provided vaccinations will void this health guarantee.
In order to prevent voiding the health guarantee the following steps must be taken and documentation from a licensed vet must be provided should a health issue be determined:
- you must have your puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 3 business days of the arrival your puppy or this health guarantee is null and void for any issue arising after. A copy of the medical record from the veterinarian must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 4 days taking your puppy home.
- maintain regular veterinary care and timely vaccinations through the course of the dog’s life.
- agree to provide veterinary care when needed or as suggested by your veterinarian.
- do not over exercise your puppy until he/she has passed the growth period.
- no breeding: Your puppy is intended to be a companion dog; do not breed your dog. If your dog is bred, this Health Guarantee shall terminate and become null and void. Your puppy should be spayed or neutered at an age deemed appropriate by your veterinarian.
Year 1: (After initial veterinary visit and up to one year of taking puppy home). If a life-threatening genetic disorder or disease is determined, it must be confirmed by a second, separate licensed veterinarian. Biscuits N Gravy must be notified within 5 business days of the first determination to maintain the health guarantee. If both veterinarians concur on the diagnosis, then 100% of the purchase price of the puppy, minus any travel fees, will be refunded to the Buyer. Buyer must return the puppy to Biscuits N Gravy within 7 days before the refund will be issued. Third party sale makes this contract null and void as does evidence of abuse, neglect or accident.
Years 2-10: If your dog is found and certified by two veterinarians to have a congenital or hereditary condition which adversely affects the health of your dog, and if Biscuits N Gravy is notified within 5 business days of the first veterinarian’s determination, then Biscuits N Gravy Havanese will issue a credit toward the purchase of another puppy in the amount of reasonable, documented, actually incurred veterinary expenses associated with the diagnosed condition up to 50% of the purchase price of your puppy or you may opt to be reimbursed of such amounts up to 25% of the purchase price of your puppy.
Accidents or injuries, including but not limited to, ingestion of foreign matters, choking, falls, scrapes, bumps, bruises, bug bites, human inflicted injuries, or illness or injury resulting from or related to veterinary procedures.
The costs to own a puppy, such as regular veterinary care, food, grooming, medicine, supplements etc.
This health guarantee is not transferrable should your puppy be sold or given to another.
For any questions, concerns or claims please contact us.